These rugged, HD-reinforced aluminium models offer superb price-to-quality value with added tube wall thickness. Available in either 26-mm Reduced Diameter Grip as 140-190 and 160-210 with regular tail width, or 29-mm. Standard Diameter Grip as 180-230 and 200-250 wide tail to accommodate larger sail-shape depth and draft. The C-Shape profiles now both feature a longer boomhead contact area for extra stiff contact sensation and less wear to the mast. There's also RDM/SDM interchangeability with integrated adapter, slick and secure double-pin adjustment and quality nylon forged head and tail sections for pure durability and comfort. With precision-engineered bend curves for maximum strength against deflection and distortion, they shift aluminium booms into a category that rivals all but our ultimate-spec carbon booms for resilience.
Pros & Cons
- Very durable boom due to to use of thicker aluminum wall
- Quality boom head
- Large sizes 180 + have wide boom tail accomodating well sails with deep profiles.
- Pin locker clips need to be opened and closed a few times when the boom is new this goes a little heavy but gets better over time.
- On average more heavy then other booms
Windsurf Boom Specifications
Looking for a specific product specification?
Check out an extensive overview of all the available specifications.
- How do Unifiber measure boom diameter thickness?
- Unifiber measure their quoted tube diameter – not including the EVA grip - in the centre of the harness line area. This is because the grip thickness can vary over time and also because some models feature a tapering of thickness over the boom length.
- What does 1 Year Unconditional + 1 Year Conditional warranty cover?
- Warranty is valid 2 years after date of purchase. When making a warranty claim in the first year the product is unconditionally warranted. When making a warranty claim in the 2nd year the product must have clearly suffered from a manufacturer error.
- Can I use a boom fully extended?
- Yes, both Unifiber aluminium and carbon booms can be fully extended. In both construction options there is no increased risk of breaking the boom as well the booms stiffness will remain at an acceptable level.
Questions about this product?
Get in touch if you have any questions. We'll be glad to help.
In order to deal with warranties straightforward we need to ask you to submit the following information.