The all-new V-grip tube profile brings aluminium boom construction to a whole new level of strength, comfort and performance. Replicating the natural shape under your fingers and palms, the V shape allows an efficient grip for longer sessions and adds considerable structural integrity, stiffness and direct sensation through the monocoque, T8 alloy frame. With precision-engineered bend curves for maximum strength against deflection and distortion, they shift aluminium booms into a category that rivals all but our ultimate-spec carbon booms.
Pros & Cons
- Very stiff aluminium boom
- Narrow grip diameter
- High quality boom head
- V-grip shape: may or may not be to your taste!
- Weight, compared to other boom models
Windsurf Boom Specifications
Looking for a specific product specification?
Check out an extensive overview of all the available specifications.
- How do Unifiber measure boom diameter thickness?
- Unifiber measure their quoted tube diameter – not including the EVA grip - in the centre of the harness line area. This is because the grip thickness can vary over time and also because some models feature a tapering of thickness over the boom length.
- What does 1 Year Unconditional + 1 Year Conditional warranty cover?
- Warranty is valid 2 years after date of purchase. When making a warranty claim in the first year the product is unconditionally warranted. When making a warranty claim in the 2nd year the product must have clearly suffered from a manufacturer error.
- Can I use a boom fully extended?
- Yes, both Unifiber aluminium and carbon booms can be fully extended. In both construction options there is no increased risk of breaking the boom as well the booms stiffness will remain at an acceptable level.
- Are the Performance Bolts required for a proper perfomance of the Unifiber boom head?
- No. The Performance Bolts were developed with the professional windsurfers in mind, who seek the maximum possible stiffness. Even without the Performance Bolts, the Unifiber boom head will match or exceed the performance of any other boom head on the market. The Performance Bolts 'upgrade' the stiffness of the boom head by approx. 10%. But this is a matter of personal taste. Some surfers prefer to sail without the Performance Bolts, to make the ride a little bit softer.
- How tight should I screw on the performance bolts?
- In most cases, the perfect tension is when the spacers just touch the boomhead's plastic on both sides. Taking into account manufacturing tolerances, this rule might not always work. Tighten the bolts firmly, but don't overdo it. When you notice any deformation of the plastic around the screw holes, don't tighten any further. Too loose and you might lose the nut while sailing. Too tight and you might damage the boomhead.
Questions about this product?
Get in touch if you have any questions. We'll be glad to help.
In order to deal with warranties straightforward we need to ask you to submit the following information.