The Essentials Monocoque Tapered boom range offers a slimmer grip diameter section. This boom delivers a reactive stance and comfortable, energy-efficient hand positioning.
The robust 26mm diameter tube thickness in the harness line/grip area can be used in combination with a hard-working wave, freeride and slalom racing sails. The T8 alloy monocoque construction to enjoy reduced play and improved durability.
Essentials Boom Bodies have a modern outline with a slightly wider tail, ideal for all types of sailing. Features the all-new "Configure Me" Modular Boom Head.
Benefit from the advantages of a modular boom system. The modular boom head fits all "Configure Me" Boom Bodies. Swapping the boom head is effortless and takes seconds - no tools required. For example: with 1 boom head, 3 boom bodies and 1 tail you have 3 high-performance booms of different sizes. This makes the most of your available budget, storage space, baggage allowance.
Be part of the future! Enjoy light weight and absolute performance. Benefit from "Configure Me" modular options to combine, renew and upgrade components as required.
Pros & Cons
- Modular "Configure Me" RDM & SDM Compatible High Performance Boom Head
- Monocoque solution enhances stiffness and durability
- The tapered boom tube has a reduced diameter in the grip area. This makes the boom more comfortable.
- High density EVA grip sections on the front arch for maximum abrasion resistence
- Slightly wider tail avoids sail profile distortion when using modern sails
- Optional performance bolts not included
- Because of the reduced diameter in the grip area it is less stiff and durable than the non-tapered Essentials boom. We recommend the Tapered Essentials boom for light-weight users only.
Windsurf Boom Specifications
Looking for a specific product specification?
Check out an extensive overview of all the available specifications.
- What does 1 Year Unconditional + 1 Year Conditional warranty cover?
- Warranty is valid 2 years after date of purchase. When making a warranty claim in the first year the product is unconditionally warranted. When making a warranty claim in the 2nd year the product must have clearly suffered from a manufacturer error.
- How tight should I screw on the performance bolts?
- In most cases, the perfect tension is when the spacers just touch the boomhead's plastic on both sides. Taking into account manufacturing tolerances, this rule might not always work. Tighten the bolts firmly, but don't overdo it. When you notice any deformation of the plastic around the screw holes, don't tighten any further. Too loose and you might lose the nut while sailing. Too tight and you might damage the boomhead.
Questions about this product?
Get in touch if you have any questions. We'll be glad to help.
In order to deal with warranties straightforward we need to ask you to submit the following information.