Keep the smiles coming even when the water runs low. A durable lowdraft fin to help learners gain control and confidence in the shallows. As teaching in groups often means keeping pupils close by and away from deeper water, the Shallow Rider copes with inevitable bumps and scrapes and helps novices learn to point and manoeuvre and sail away from trouble!
Pros & Cons
- Very short fin size which is providing maximum amount of lift
- Ideal for beginner and freeride boards
- When considering a more multipurpose solution antiweed fins are also a good alternative with lower drag coefficient but will generate less lift considering equal fin size
- The comprimised fin shape in terms of fin outline and fin profile will cause more drag compared to more "mainstream" dsigned fins
Windsurf Fin Specifications
Looking for a specific product specification?
Check out an extensive overview of all the available specifications.
- My tuttle box fin does not fit well in my board. It is too lose or too tight, what can I do about it?
- The universal fin box width for tuttle box and deep tuttle box should be 16mm. We have done extensive research around the year 2014 finding out the the average width which is accomodated by the board which are by the way mostly manufactured by Cobra International - Thailand is 15,83mm. This said we have come accross boardbrands touching ranging from 15,3 till 16,1mm width!! Ever since we are producing tuttle and deep tuttle boxes based on this average figure to maximize the probability of fitting the fin well in any type of board regardless the boardbrand. When you suffer from a (deep) tuttle fin which is too lose it is most likely the board fin box is wider then the average of 15,83mm. This can cause the fin to be "sucked in" the board a little when tighting screws. When this happens there is not a large disadvantage in terms of spin-out sensitivity simply because the space will be filled by water which can not escape so a water on water film. When you suffer from a (deep) tuttle fin which is too tight it is most likely the board fin box is thinner then the average of 15,83mm. You might want to sand off the side flanks of the (deep) tuttle box fin to make it fit. Make sure to sand off equal sides. Last but not least please take in consideration the psychological factor: board (+/- EUR 2.000 retail value ) against fin (+/- EUR 150 retail value) it is tentative to look at flaws of the fin because it the retail value is much lower while from experience it is 9 out 10 situations it is the board box width not in tolerance.
- What does 1 Year Unconditional + 1 Year Conditional warranty cover?
- Warranty is valid 2 years after date of purchase. When making a warranty claim in the first year the product is unconditionally warranted. When making a warranty claim in the 2nd year the product must have clearly suffered from a manufacturer error.
Questions about this product?
Get in touch if you have any questions. We'll be glad to help.
In order to deal with warranties straightforward we need to ask you to submit the following information.